Using Amazon AWS Services option for Videos in the Newsfeed Gadget.
The Newsfeed Gadget allows App Owners to create a ‘closed’ social media capability for their App community to connect, follow and communicate with each other, sharing images, uploading videos which other followers can comment and like.
With the launch of Apple’s iOS 12 Operating system in 2019, iPhone and iPad devices are restricted to the number of minutes that Apps can play YouTube videos.
This option allows for the seamless upload, delivery and viewing of YouTube videos in the Newsfeed Gadget subject to the App End User having an internet connection
For the App Owner:
- The App Owner goes to the Dashboard and adds the Newsfeed gadget.
- There the App Owner goes to the Dropdown menu and chooses "Profile".
- Then the App Owner clicks on "Amazon S3".
- There the App Owner can add their Amazon AWS Access key, the Secret key, the Bucket name, and the Region name.
For registration on Amazon S3 use support from their site https://docs.aws.amazon.com/en_us/AmazonS3/latest/gsg/SigningUpforS3.html
For the App End User:
- The End User can go to the Newsfeed gadget.
- There the End User can tap on “Add photo or video” and choose this option from the dropdown menu.
- The End User experience is seamless (subject to a good connection to the internet) and overcomes the YouTube video time limitation restrictions imposed by Apple on all devices running their iOS 12 Operating System.