The Form Editor gadget now has the ability for the App Owner to add YouTube video links and add images for a richer End User Experience.
Additionally the App Owner can use Drop Down and Multi-Select tools in Form Editor forms with the End User being able to make a multiple choice selection to a question and the Form Editor will automatically recognise correct and incorrect answers and also mark the App End User’s submitted answers, report a score as to the number of correct and incorrect answers in the App Dashboard Form Editor reports.
This new feature allows the App Owner to create content rich, sophisticated competitions, quizzes, training programmes, educational forms and other learning media using the Appsmakerstore solution.
For the App Owner:
- Go to the Form Editor gadget in your App Dashboard.
- Press to Add another (field).
- Choose Single Line Text, Paragraph Text, Drop Down or Multi Select from the available choices.
- For all these choices the App Owner has an option to add an image or a YouTube link to illustrate and provide a richer experience for the question or statement in the Form Editor field.
4.1. For the Drop Down and Multi Select choices there is also the option for the App Owner to set up the correct answer to their question by simply checking the “Correct” box.
During the End User form completion process if the App End User has chosen the correct answer, it will allow him to proceed to the next question and no notification will be shown.
If their answer is incorrect, the system will show a configurable message which is added to the incorrect message box.
It will still allow the user to proceed to the next question even if the correct answer is not chosen.
4.2. In the Drop Down options there can only be one correct answer, however in the Multi Select options there can be as many correct answers as required.
After the Form is submitted by the App End User the results are stored in the App Dashboard CRM in that Form Editor gadget. In common with any other Form Editor, Form submissions can be routed to the App Owner’s or another email inbox; the collated results in CSV and PDF formats can be exported upon demand by the App Owner or by an authorised Sub-administrator.
4.3. Please note that this functionality is only available in Apple iOS and Google Android native published App versions and not in the HTML5 mobile web version, consequently the functionality is not active in the App Dashboard emulator.
Collated CSV Exported Results
Collated PDF Exported Results
For the App End User
- Go to the From Editor gadget in the App.
- There they can see the field with an Image or Video added, they can tap on the play button and watch the video.
- They can choose the correct answer from the choices presented.
- If their answer is correct, there won’t be any message and it will simply open up the next question.
- If the answer is incorrect, a message will appear in red as depicted below.
- The image below illustrates how the Image field will look like.
- For the Drop Down option the End User can choose only one variant. If it’s correct, it will not show any message, if it is incorrect, the system will show the incorrect message text as defined by the App Owner.
Once the App End User has completed the Form they can tap ‘SEND’ and their entries are submitted to the App Dashboard CRM.
This is a Custom on Core Development commissioned by an existing Appsmakerstore client, this development fulfils their exact needs and as it is priced on an Appsmakerstore community shared basis, it benefits all our clients.
Remember to ask your Appsmakerstore Key Account Manager for a Custom on Core quote if the features and functionality that you require aren’t currently available in the Appsmakerstore solution today.
© Appsmakerstore Ltd.
10th July 2019