Step by Step Guide to setting up your Developer Accounts with Apple & Google
Apple and Google Developer Account Step by Step Set-up Guide (v2.0 July 2019)
Please use this step by step guide below to set-up Developer Accounts with Apple and Google.
- Apple App Store – Note you will need to use or create an Apple ID.
It is always best practice to use a new dedicated business Apple ID, rather than using a personal Apple ID that you may already have for your devices, cloud storage and entertainment media.
- If you trade as a Company (Ltd. PLC, AS, AG, LLP, etc. according to your geography) you will need to find your D-U-N-S number (a unique nine digit number allocated by Dun and Bradstreet and are widely used as standard business identifiers). You can check to see if your organization already has a D-U-N-S Number or request one if necessary. They are free in most geographies. Learn more here.
There is a further option for Registered Charities to apply as a Not for Profit Organisation with a zero charge for your Developer Account ; In such cases Apple will take additional steps and time to investigate and validate your free Developer Account.
- If you trade as a sole trader or unlimited partnership you can register as an individual.
Open the link https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/ and click on 'Start Your Enrollment'.
Follow the steps therein to enrol / make payment once your enrolment ID is validated and you may have to agree to 2 Factor Authentication as part of this sign-up process.
Once your Apple Developer account is established, please do not opt in to / or remove the two-step verification option (if available) until the publication process is finished; you can re-enable it after delivery for your security and on-going protection. Please see this article here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915 advising you how to do this?
Lastly please share access to your Apple Developer account by following these simple steps:-
- Log in to Apps Store Connect https://appstoreconnect.apple.com
- Open Users and Roles http://take.ms/SY1lc
- Add the user email@example.com the role Admin
- Log in to Apple Developer Program https://developer.apple.com > Account
- You should have set up Entity Type - Company / Organization http://take.ms/DK37E (or Not for Profit if you are a Charity and have been approved as such by Apple)
- Open the ‘People’ tab and click on ‘Invite People’ to send invitation http://take.ms/pq3IvI to firstname.lastname@example.org as Admin
- Google Play Store – Open the link https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6112435
Follow the steps therein to make payment noting that you will need to use or create a Google Gmail (email) account; it is always best practice to use a new dedicated business Gmail account, rather than using an existing personal Google account that you may already have for your devices / storage / media.
For Google Play, you can “share” account access by sending an invitation to Inna ( email@example.com ) by using this link https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/2528691
- Developer Accounts Support Contact - We recommend that you initially set the contact role for publishing with your Project Manager , Inna firstname.lastname@example.org .
By so doing it will minimise any technical correspondence, which we can handle on your behalf. Please note that we will have only the access to the Google Play Developer Console and not your emails and other Google Account related items, etc.
Once we have published your App we would recommend that you update your accounts and change your Passwords accordingly.
Please also confirm / send us the following information:
- Your App name (as it will be in the Apple Apps & Google Play stores)
- A short description about your App ( up to 80 symbols)
- A long description about your App ( 5-9 sentences)
- Copyright owner: This can be your organisation / company / private name
- Key words (5-7 words) to point Users who search to your App
- A Support URL (a URL with support information for your App, EG your website “contact us” page. This URL will be visible on the App Store only).
Please sign in to leave a comment.